2008-12-11

Troubadours XIV

So, it's come to this: a semi-final match against my old nemesis. I had dearly hoped this would come next week, but the fates are impatient so forced my loss to Erik two weeks ago to set this up. No matter, this will be beautiful to watch...in front of your face. This playoff-themed number is sung to Guy Clark's "L.A. Freeway." Fuck you all; Troubadours rule, especially down the stretch!

It was just three years ago
A game you losers all know
He was the Empire, me the Elways
But the result was far beyond gay.
Now I get another chance
To make the Scofflaws piss their pants
Now’s the time for humiliation
Before I enjoy a winner’s adulation

Chorus
If I can just get out of the semi-finals
Without losing my quarterback
I’ll take it to the winner’s circle
To prove what you fuckers lack lack lack

Here’s a little tip for you Rob
When you feel in your ass a corn cob
Just relax and let it in
Sit on back and accept my win.
If you try you might enjoy it
Don’t tell me it doesn’t quite fit
We won’t need to use no grease
Because you’re lubed up from defeat

Chorus

When you think back on this year
And you wipe away that single tear
You were beaten by your better
By my skill your play was fettered.
Don’t worry, little princess
You did well in games that meant less
You can sit and watch me next week
As I beat a Jew or future medic.

Chorus

No comments: